Thursday 19 January 2012

Magazine Advert: Creating the advert

I chose to have the magazine advert focus on the main singer of the band as I wanted to reinforce the almost lonely image and idea I had already created for the band.

This was the image I chose to use as I felt it had the best framing
of all the images, I also liked how the model was framed up against
the clouds, creating a split in the image.
 
Whilst very similar to the first I felt the split created by the clouds was
not as prominent as before, Also the tilt in this photo was far too
steep which reduced the impact of the shot, as it felt more
 unprofessional.
Whilst my model was far more centred in this shot I felt it didn't have
the feeling of the others, the low angle was too steep becoming
more of a worms eye which gave my model far too much headroom.
Also when capturing photographs for the advert I attempted to get shots of this kind, but from a reflection in a puddle, however in the end I chose to go with the normal low angle shot as I felt it complied more with the image I had created for the band.



This would have been the image I would have used had i chosen
to use the reflection idea, however unless there was a large
amount of refraction on the surface it wasn't clear it was a reflection
and it was extrememly difficuly to see my model when that happened. 

here is an example of what I meant by unable to see the model, also for
my model to be the correct way up, I had to flip the image which made
non-reflected image appear upside down, which was not an effect
I wanted

No comments:

Post a Comment