Thursday 1 December 2011

Magazine Advert: Research and Planning

When planning my magazine advert I looked back at the images and ideas I had gathered for the digipack and the music video, I needed to make sure the advert had the same look as the digipack and music video in order to maintain a consistent image for the band.

We had been provided with a number of magazine adverts, I picked out a couple which I felt matched the genre of the band, and also matched the kind of look I am trying to create.




Also within these adverts though were a couple which whilst they didn't quite fit the image I was attempting to create, they included ideas which I thought could work well.

For example, in these two images I liked how they had the singer at the forefront thus conforming to genre conventions, but still pictures the entire band instead of relying on just a single band member(the singer).



From this preliminary research my thoughts were to have the majority of the advert be a photograph of the band. such as with the "The Dirty Youth" example.

Font wise for the magazine advert I chose to use the same font as on my digipack, this would keep a level of consistency across all the products, the same would go for the colours and other aspects of mise-en-scene, such as costume. in order to keep to the product and image I have created for the band.



No comments:

Post a Comment