Wednesday 19 October 2011

Record Label Reseach

When creating the ancillary tasks we have to reference a record label, and they have to sign bands of the same genre and style.
My media studies teacher suggested looking into post-rock bands and the labels associated with them, and I also looked into record labels associated with the genre of rock which I had identified.

the first record label I identified was Fat Cat records.
Fat Cat Logo

I got to this record label through the band sigur ros who I had Identified from my research into both music videos and Record labels. However from research into the types of band they often signed, I found the genre of the music was too dissimilar to my own.

Because I thought, though not completely right I was along the correct lines in terms of a record label, I used sigur ros as a band to work from, so I used last fm to find similar bands and from there found different labels.

One of the labels I found was Chemikal Underground, they are a record label which focuses on post-rock/rock bands, I found them through the band mogwai via last fm. Because they were related to the genre of my song, and often signed bands which had a similar style to the one I have chosen.



No comments:

Post a Comment