Tuesday 20 September 2011

Research - reference video

Another video I found which closely matches the style I will be going for in my music video is Boston by the band Augustana, the use of different shot types from huge, wide angle shots, to close ups of the artists face, is exactly the style of camera usage I am aiming for in the outside locations of my video (perhaps inside but space constraints will limit this).

Also seen in this video is the use of a beach as a set, this is something I've thought about but would take some serious planning to achieve, as to have the shots I want an overcast day would be needed, when there are few people around, which for the beach means a very early start. this will be something I think about as the logistics of it may not be feasible.

This music video also has the same kind of lighting and colour filters I aim to use in my video, especially the very washed out,blue look. I may also incorporate the use of glare from the sun as seen in this video into my own. as this would be effective in establishing the right "feel" of the video.




No comments:

Post a Comment